Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Break Me.


I'm going to be completely honest here.  After coming back from Uganda, I have been in a bit of a funk.  I am not completely sure why, but there have definitely been a couple of days where I just want to curl up under a blanket, light a candle, and watch hour upon hour of Duck Dynasty.  I think a lot of it has to do with my higher than usual work load ( and subsequent stress level), and truthfully, I miss Africa.  It was a magical place despite all of the challenges I faced, and Baltimore simply pales in comparison.

So when Spring Break rolled around, I happily hopped on a plane with my best friend and headed down to sunny Florida in hopes of catching a tan and unwinding.  The first part of the trip was spent in Disney World watching my sister's softball team get ready for their season (go CSH), and I tried to access my inner child while voraciously moving from park to park.  If I am going to be honest, it wasn't that much of a challenge, I am one hundred percent smitten with Disney.  I have no problem heading there year after year, much to my parents chagrin.


The second leg of the trip was in beautiful Palm Beach.  I happen to be in love with The Breakers.  The hotel (read: historic site) is modeled after the Medici Palace in Florence and ushers you back in time to the golden age where people happily glided an entire ceiling and frescoed the walls of the bathrooms.  Sigh. The view from our hotel room didn't hurt either.


It turned out to be everything I needed, and my friend and the rest of my crazy family trampsed around Worth Ave. window shopping (and picking up a few Lilly pieces that I simply had to have). I am returning to campus with a completely changed attitude about the semester, and just in time too! Our semester always ends with a ton of really fun University wide events.  Here's to turning life around with a simple jaunt down South! 


No comments:

Post a Comment